Most people jump into writing a novel without realizing it will probably be the biggest project they have ever undertaken. To write a novel, one must first understand that it is not a quick way to make money and fame. Approaching your novel with the fundamental purpose of finishing it quickly and inflating your bank account is not a very good mindset; sooner or later your enthusiasm dies off and you start considering other options, like bank robbery.
When you have decided on the type of novel you want to work on, you must begin detailed research and planning. You must construct every aspect of your story, fully conceive and understand your characters or the personality you intend to portrait.
The end of the road for many is their first writer's block. I have written many novels (under pseudonyms, of course) and I know what it feels like when your brain refures to produce the next paragraph, to give the next word. I shall go into a bit of detail on how to prevent it later, but the best answer to writer's block is raw determination.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment